September 2020 Lyndhurst School Organization:
Division 1: Mr. Singh Grades 6 & 7
Division 2: Mr. Lathigee Grades 4 & 5
Division 3: Ms. Youssefi Grade 3
Division 4: Ms. Chin Grades 1 & 2
Division 5: Ms. Cheema Grades Kindergarten & 1
*If your child is in Grade 1, you will receive a separate email advising you of your child’s teacher*
SAFETY ORIENTATION FOR GRADES 1-7, SEPTEMBER 10 and 11
Thursday and Friday: (both days)
9:00-10:00 Grades 1&2 and Grades 6 & 7 (Ms. Cheema, Ms. Chin and Mr. Singh’s classes).
- Ms Cheema’s and Ms. Chin’s class will line up at the front door.(Ms. Cheema’s class line up from the door toward the sidewalk, Ms. Chin’s class line up from the door toward the playground). There are signs on the door as well as tape marks on the ground to have students line up with social distancing)
- Singh’s class will line up at the back/playground door (along the wall toward the undercover area). If students are coming from the front of the school on Lyndhurst street, please come around the lower/left side of the school and up the stairs from the lower playground so we do not have students walking through the parking lot.
10:15-11:15 Grades 3, 4 & 5
Ms. Youssefi’s class line up from the front door toward the sidewalk, Mr. Lathigee’s class line up from the front door toward the playground. There are signs on the door as well as tape marks on the ground to have students line up with social distancing)
SEPTEMBER 14 ONWARDS:
- Kindergartens begin the Gradual Entry Schedule. Please follow the schedule that was sent home (Starting September 23 Kindergartens will attend full time from 8:45 am -2:50 pm)
- Grades 1, 2, 6 and 7 attend school 8:45 am – 2:50 pm with same lineup areas as above (Ms. Cheema, Ms. Chin and Mr. Singh’s classes)
- Grades 3, 4 and 5 attend school 9:00 am – 3:05 pm with same lineup areas as above (Ms. Youssefi and Mr. Lathigee’s classes
Daily Health Checks for Students:When parents/guardians accompany their child(ren) to the school, or when your child(ren)arrive(s) unattended at the school, you or your child will be asked the following questions each day prior to being admitted.:
Does the child have a cough?
Does the child have congestion? (stuffy nose)
**Does the child have nasal drip? (runny nose)
Is the child experiencing nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea?
***Is anyone in your household ill?
If your child answers ‘yes’ to any of the questions without an asterisk, they will not be allowed to attend that day and they will have to return home and remain home until they can answer ‘no’ to those questions.
See below for managing ‘yes’ responses for questions with an asterisk.
If a student is ill with any common cold, influenza or COVID-19 like symptoms, they must stayhome and either isolate for 10 calendar days following onset of symptoms, or until symptomsresolve. Contact 8-1-1 for guidance if you are unsure of the symptoms or access the online COVID-19 Assessment Tool at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en. If returning before 10 days, provide a medical note.
** If a child is presenting baseline symptoms such as seasonal allergies please contact the administration for further guidance. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ADVISE THE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD HAS SEASONAL ALLERGIES. PLEASE EMAIL: Vicki.Moro@burnabyschools.ca
*** Students may still attend school if a member of their household has cold, influenza, or COVID-19-like symptoms provided the students is asymptomatic and is cleared by a health care provider (i.e. provide note from a doctor)