Registration for September 2020 – 2021


If your child turns 5 before December 31, 2020 (born in 2015) you may register him/her for Kindergarten for the September 2020-2021 school year. Please call the school at 604.296.9020 to make a registration appointment with the school secretary and bring the following original documentation to the appointment:

1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)

2) Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order). Note that a notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts

3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)

4) Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student. This must include two items, at least one being from Category A below:

Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident

Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards

5) Immunization records

6) A completed Burnaby School District Student Information Form

7) A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form

Please note: Severe Health Concerns require additional forms. These can be obtained from the school at your registration appointment.

Students in Grades 1 to 7 – Please bring the above items as well as:

8) A copy of the student’s most recent school marks (including summer school), such as:

a) an official copy of marks from the student’s Permanent Record Card; or
b) the student’s most recent report card; or
c) a transcript of academic record; or
d) a transfer form with marks


Cross District Transfer

Burnaby students wanting to transfer to a school that is not the school designated for their attendance area must submit a Cross-District Transfer Application to their desired school. For more information about cross-district transfers CLICK HERE.


Out-of-District Transfer

Students living outside Burnaby can apply to attend a Burnaby school by submitting an Out-of-District Transfer Application to their desired school. For more information about out of district transfer applicants CLICK HERE.


If you have any questions, please call our secretary, Ms. Hunter, at the school office (604.296.9020).